• Unaffordable Traffic
The network traffic prices are continuing to rise, so extensive traffic acquisition (quick traffic purchase with money) has long been impracticable.
• Disappearing Demographic Dividend
Method 1: overseas expansion. Emerging markets such as India and Southeast Asia have many Internet companies from China. Method 2: refined operation. Explore more traffic values at low costs.
• Development of Emerging Technologies (Big Data + AI)
The operations department uses extensive data analysis technologies to mine user data, and further optimize products, making refined operation possible.
Single Data Source
Data of different departments and games is stored in different devices and platforms. Therefore, analysis cannot be performed on multiple data sources. A lack of refined user profiles makes operation planning and implementation unlikely to achieve optimal effects, resulting in a low user conversion rate.
Lack of Experience in Data-driven Business
Even though a large amount of data is accumulated on the platform, enterprises have little experience in data-driven business innovation and decision making, resulting in low data monetization rate.
Poor Platform Scalability
The volume of incremental game data processed by the game data analysis service is dependent on game popularity and fluctuates greatly. However, traditional databases and data warehouses have poor scalability and struggle to keep up.
Gaming Operation Data Analysis
• In a game company, departments obtain metric data through the game data analysis platform and make decisions based on the obtained data.
• The operations department analyzes the basic metrics of games through the platform to understand the overall operation status of the game, and provides reports to leaders for decision making.
• The placement department analyzes the channel sources for new and active players through the platform to calculate the actual number of customers per channel source, and determines the major channels for placement in the next quarter.
• The planning department learns about the novice guidance phase with player churn through the platform so as to optimize the corresponding phase accordingly. Meanwhile, it obtains the probability that players pass each game level and optimizes game level settings and game properties to improve user experience.
Game Operation Data Analysis Architecture
Leverages Huawei's commercial big data products and service capabilities to provide pay-per-use storage and computing services for the game data analysis platforms of game companies and assists the operations, promotion, and planning departments in data-based decision making.
- High data storage reliability
- Programming-free data collection
- Heterogeneous analysis of data from multiple sources
- Efficient Spark programming model
Huawei’s one-stop gaming data analysis solution was provided to help LONG MOBILE build an internal gaming data analysis platform. The standard SQL syntax and Spark multi-thread programming models are used to compile service logic and provide data analysis results, enabling the operations, promotion, and planning departments to make intelligent business decisions.